The effect that South Africa and in particular Johannesburg will have on each individual can only be described as magical. From a romantic standpoint it is an extraordinary destination. In fact, there is no better way to share a city escape that will remain in your heart forever.
The freedom that people get to enjoy their stay here is any which way they want is another major attraction of the place. Such is the provision that people can even cook their own food here or share that homemade romantic stir fry.
These simple preparations can help you have a grand romantic escape with your partner for all those special occasion like ‘you time’, proposals, honeymoons, engagements, marriages, anniversaries or even just the opportunity to spend quality time with your loved one, even if it only lasts for a weekend.
Time required: the minimum is a weekend and 3 days is perfect.
- The first decision is where you want to go on your romantic getaway. If your answer is simply “somewhere romantic,” you have many more options to consider — but they’re fun options!
- Moonflower Cottages offers a magical round ‘hobbit’ garden cottage with a large window overlooking the pool and garden and is situated in the central northern suburbs, close to all amenities should you wish to explore the quaint antique shops, coffee shops restaurants and bars that abound in this area and are perfect for getting in ‘touch’ by sharing those special moments
- Moonflower Cottages offers a special “romance package “. It offers a 3 night pay for two nights break and includes a bottle of red/white wine on arrival and fresh flowers in the room. The room has a Queen-size bed and is very private
- Don’t cram too much activity into the weekend. Romance and a busy schedule rarely mix.
- Ask for cozy/romantic restaurant recommendations and make reservations in advance.
- Plan something different. We know all about quiet picnic locations, secluded walking paths, and other romantic excursions or even adventures to be had in the area.
- Bring those special romantic amenities — scented candles, bubbles and massage lotion.
- Make the trip a surprise.
- Try something new together on your vacation, such as taking a midnight bus trip around the old and ‘supposedly’ haunted mining magnate houses of Johannesburg, guaranteed to bring you a lot closer to your partner!