Planning a holiday getaway is an exciting experience because of that anticipation of rest and relaxation. While many vacations are fast-paced and require constant walking or sightseeing, self-catering accommodation is perfectly suited for people who want to escape but need a little quiet time as well.
Not only does it provide that much-needed peace many vacationers are seeking, but there’s a considerable amount of freedom involved as well; you can plan your own meals, activities and have the comfort of a home from home but in a new, interesting location.
There are plenty of attractive reasons why one would consider this option in lieu of a hotel or resort. If you’re ready to treat yourself to a little getaway, and you’re looking for the best self-catering accommodation in Victory Park then call Moonflower Cottages today and make your booking! Self-catering accommodation is reasonably priced for what is offered, especially since the guests are responsible for literally accommodating their own needs.
Given the financial burdens experienced by many families, this option can provide them with an opportunity to still go on holiday or a much needed business trip and not worry about the mounting costs throughout their stay. Plenty of people are avoiding the very idea of holidays because of finances, and self-catering accommodation is allowing people to finally have a chance to reward themselves.
Self-catering accommodation is all about personal choice and truly getting the most you can from that choice. This option allows vacationers to select from a variety of different houses, cabins and environmental surroundings. Rather than walking down a hallway with a series of hotel doors, you can stroll up a cobblestone walkway and throughout a garden to your front door. If you enjoy cooking, you could select a home with a nice, kitchen to accommodate your culinary prowess; planning intimate dinners provides a new dimension to your stay as well.
This option also promotes a feeling of togetherness and encourages quality time with family and good friends or even business associates. Self-catering accommodation is not necessarily centered on having to spend more time in busy shopping centers, restaurants and other destinations. Couples can learn to have fun again by relaxing in an outdoor pool, play a board game, spend quality time together, enjoy chatting or get together in the kitchen to cook some dinner.
Furthermore, Johannesburg itself is a glorious location that offers plenty of sights and sounds for those looking for an attraction or two. Self-accommodation offers a perfect tranquil getaway so try Moonflower Cottages today and be instantly charmed by the peacefulness and tranquility. Whether you want to spoil yourself with a week-long holiday or just need to get away for a few days, we know you’ll love your stay with us!
One can also spend an interesting few hours at the Johannesburg gallery to see real paintings by Picasso, Rodin or Degas! For an added educational experience, consider the Museum of Africa to learn about the rich cultural history of South Africa.
When it comes to self-catering accommodation in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg, Moonflower Cottages is the premier choice whether you want to get away for a three-day weekend or an entire week-long holiday. Located in Victory Park, one of the safest and most beautiful suburbs of Johannesburg, Moonflower Cottages has everything you need to enjoy a tranquil and serene getaway from your hectic daily life. You’ll enjoy your own private entrance, your own private patio/balcony and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you’re staying in one of the city’s safest areas.
Why choose us for the best self-catering accommodation in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg?
- Convenient location. You’ll have fast and easy access to the M1 and N1 motorways and we’re located a mere 30-45 minutes away from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo Airport. Also in close proximity are shopping centres, casinos, numerous top-rated restaurants, gyms, golf clubs and more. No matter what it is you love to do, whether it’s shop, golf, go to the cinema or relax, there is truly something for everyone.
- Safety. When you’re on holiday you don’t want to be stressed out about safety and security. We offer remote-controlled, secure, off-street parking and our suburb is regularly patrolled by Community Active Policing. We also employ the services of ADT.
- Privacy and peacefulness. All of our cottages have their own private entrances and you’ll feel like you’re the only people on the property. Enjoy your morning cup of coffee on your own private balcony, take a dip in the pool or enjoy a leisurely walk around our beautiful grounds.
We guarantee you’ll be able to fully relax whilst enjoying everything that Moonflower Cottages has to offer. Everyone deserves a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life, and our self-catering accommodation provides the ideal environment with a perfectly balanced combination of charm, tranquillity and serenity.
Sometimes you just need to get away, and if you’re looking for self-catering accommodation in Johannesburg then look no further – Moonflower Cottages is the perfect destination. Situated in Victory Park, one of the safest, oldest and most beautiful suburbs of Johannesburg, Moonflower Cottages provides the ideal atmosphere for a weekend getaway or a holiday. You’ll be able to relax, enjoy the peace and quiet, take in the tranquil surroundings and forget about the hustle and bustle of your daily life.
At Moonflower Cottages we have several self-catering accommodation options, including:
- Moonflower Executive Cottage – This luxurious, spacious and private double-story cottage provides the ultimate in comfort and charm, including a fully-equipped kitchen and a queen-sized bed. You’ll have a fantastic view of the garden and the pool and you can enjoy having your morning coffee on your private balcony.
- Moonflower Garden Cottage – There are three different Moonflower Garden Cottages available, all with a queen-sized bed, various kitchen equipment including a stove and refrigerator and a comfortable lounge area where you’re guaranteed to get the relaxation you deserve.
- Moonflower Studio – This unit offers a stunning view of Delta Park that you will enjoy from your own private balcony. It comes with a queen-sized bed, a small but modern kitchen and ample space to relax in this bright and airy studio.
Safety is one of our biggest priorities and we want all of our guests to feel 100% safe and secure while staying with us. The area is regularly patrolled by Community Active Policing and we employ the services of ADT. We also offer remote-controlled, secure off-street parking and we’re proud to be able to provide safe and secure self-catering accommodation in Johannesburg.
Whether you want to get away for a three day weekend or want to take a week-long holiday, we know you’ll love the serenity and charm of Moonflower Cottages; it’s the perfect place to unwind and relax.
Have you ever considered staying in a self-catering apartment but been a bit confused about what it is all about?
Well let me explain a little bit about them. We have been running Moonflower Cottages in Victory Park, Johannesburg’s northern suburbs for the last three years, so we know a bit about the Apartment Accommodation business.
First of all what exactly are ‘self-catering holiday apartments’? Generally they are privately owned apartments, managed and operated by the owners. There are large chains that offer ‘self-catering apartments’ but generally these are also ‘serviced apartments’ in hotel style complexes. This article is focused solely on privately owned apartments, which offer quite a few advantages over the apartments from large chains, but be aware there are also some disadvantages.
First let’s look at the advantages:
- Whether you are traveling alone or in a group it is almost always cheaper to book self-catering apartments than hotel rooms.
- An apartment will have a lot more space than hotel rooms. Generally is will consist of between one and three bedrooms and have a lounge, a kitchen, a dining area as well as the bedrooms and bathroom and a lot they offer a much more relaxed and ‘home from home’ environment particularly for women travelling on their own.
- You can cook for yourselves, thus saving money on restaurant meals, and healthier than eating cheap takeaway for all meals. You can even prepare packed lunches and it also allows a wide variety of choice if you do choose to go out or even get take outs before curling up in front of the TV. You can also choose to get meals delivered to your doorstep.
- There will be no interruptions from a room maid and you do not need to worry about coming back to the room in the afternoon to find the maid has not been and you can’t have that afternoon nap.
- Most apartments are likely to be garden cottages or villa’s and offers a swimming pool set in tropical gardens, and often a gym, a spa and sometimes even a sauna on the premises or in close proximity.
- Most apartments also have a balcony or patio, which is a great spot for a pre-dinner drink, especially if it overlooks the pool.
- The apartment owners will offer an individualised service, using their local knowledge to provide tips on the things to see and do, without relying on commercial, and more expensive, tour companies.
- Johannesburg apartments are generally centrally located but in quiet neighborhoods’, away from busy, noisy streets and offer safe off street parking with remote access so that you can come and go as you please and even entertain friends or business guests in a relaxed and comfortable invironment..
- If you have a large group it is often possible to rent a number of apartments at the same facility allowing you all your privacy and where you can get together for meals. This is great if you are attending a business convention or sporting event and have a lot of spare frequent flyer points that you would like to use up.
Now let’s take a look at the disadvantage, because you will be disappointed if you arrive expecting the advantages of a hotel, with full reception, retourants, maid and room service. Here they are:
- You will have to make your own beds and keep the apartment clean. There will not be a maid coming in every day to make the bed and clean the bathroom. Of course the apartment management will send in a cleaner at least weekly and after you leave, but they do like you to leave the apartment in a reasonable clean state.
- You may also have to figure out how things work for yourselves. Things that are different from home, such as the microwave, the remote, and even how to open the windows, can seem rather daunting after an 18 hour flight. You will of course, have a phone number for the apartment management or access to an onsite manager but it is a good idea to try to sort things out yourselves. If you lock the keys in the apartment you should be prepared to wait awhile for the management to come around to open up.
- As there is generally limited reception you may need to arrange a time to pick up and drop off keys. This means you must read the instructions sent to you, and bring them with you. There is no good flying half way around the world only to find that you don’t know where you are going, or how to get in. Taxi drivers generally do not know the location of the apartments, so don’t rely on jumping in a taxi and saying take me to Moonflower Cottages. I once ‘found’ my very late German guests sitting in a local internet café trying to pick up the emailed instructions they had been sent months before. They couldn’t believe it when I asked them if they were my missing guests, but they must have thought Johannesburg is a pretty small city.
- As the apartment owner only has a small number of apartments it is less likely that they will be able to offer an early check in, or a late checkout without arrangement so once again plan ahead. Unlike hotels that will generally have a few spare rooms, if the apartment has another guest arriving on the day you leave, the apartment will need to be cleaned and prepared for the next guest. They may also find it difficult to look after your luggage for you, so be prepared and if you are arriving at 6 am perhaps you should book for the night before, or if your departure flight is at midnight it may be better to book for that night.
So overall, if you are looking at a holiday in a self-catering apartment take all of these points into considerations, and weigh up the advantages and disadvantages and then make your decision.
Booking a short stay in a self-catering cottage can be an ideal means to get away from it all and either just relax or explore this vibrant city. And you don’t need to go to foreign in this generally cash strapped time to find a selection of great adventures – Johannesburg is home to a wide range of activities perfectly suited for a short break.
Perhaps one of the country’s most exciting destinations, Johannesburg is a wonderful choice for this kind of short adrenaline filled break. It’s famed for its fantastic restaurants, bistro’s, steak houses and fine cuisine, numerous historical attractions, parks, Zoo’s and Botanical gardens, offering something for people of all ages.
Indeed, whether you’re seeking a quiet break relaxing in a quiet bird filled garden enjoying the sunshine or something a little more adventure-fueled, you’re likely to find exactly what you are looking for here.
Home to some of South Africa’s best night life, you certainly won’t be short of choice when you pick a holiday here. As well as being perfect for theaters and some of the country’s best and most exclusive shopping malls places like Hartebeesport dam is an hour’s drive through rolling hills
Alternatively, you could explore one of the destination’s many sites of historical intrigue and beauty, such as the many old mining magnate’s houses and estates, some of which are rumored to be haunted. The City of Gold holds many secrets and interesting forays into its glittering past.
This spectacular destination is awash with exciting activities for adventurous travellers, from mountain biking to bungee jumping from old cooling towers, 4×4 trails and game farms are within an hour’s drive and there are a host of artists or organic markets to visit and find that special treasure..
Weather you need to visit the city on business or pleasure …or a combination of both there is always something to attract and interest both you and your partner and if you enjoy golf there is a selction of over 10 excellent courses to choose from within a 10km radius
To start planning your affordable self catering getaway, why not take a look at the five different garden cottages on offer from Moonflower Cottages….you might just become a regular?
When you decide to stay a night or a few nights at Moonflower Cottages in Victory Park Johannesburg, you will be able to do and see many exciting things in Johannesburg.
Victory Park is a beautiful suburb that is really well established in that the streets are lined with old trees. This is no surprise considering that Johannesburg is the largest man-made forest in the world. Especially in autumn it is extremely beautiful. The streets are covered in a blanket of red and orange leaves.
There are many attractions in and around our neighborhood.
Around the corner you will find the Delta Park Bird Sanctuary. I have personally seen a few Barn Owls on a casual drive through the park. One can take a leisurely walk or ride a mountain bike around.
Cresta Shopping Centre was once the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere. With the rate of centres being built I cannot be 100 % sure anymore. However, there are hundreds of shops that are willing to help you shop till you drop. From clothing boutiques, supermarkets, electronics, curio’s and antique shops for those ‘special’ finds. For entertainment there is the ‘Barnyard Theatre’ a number of excellent cinema’s close by as well as parks, golf courses and lakes. There are plenty of restaurants and take outs to suit every choice.
Northcliff hill can be seen from most places around Johannesburg. There is large water tower on top of it.
The Botanical Gardens is a great venue for a Sunday afternoon. In winter time they are proud to have the Black Vulture looking after her eggs. On a clear day and a good pair of binoculars one will be able to the nest on the top of a cliff edge of the mountain. They have a tea garden there and on public holidays they have live music.
Zoo Lake is a popular place to take the kids and pets for a stroll around the lake and perhaps even hire a rowboat for an hour or two. There is an abundance of bird life around the lake too and don’t forget to take some old bread to feed the ducks.
The latest trend on the vacation front and particularly for World Cup accommodation is self-catering as it offers you an incomparable blend of convenience, low cost and comfort. Such kinds of apartments are preferably right for the needs of vacationers, tourists and fans.
Particularly for longer stays:
You will certainly feel more comfortable in the self catering apartments as compared to hotels which are a lot more stiff and formal; this type of accommodation is patterned more closely to the living conditions existing in your very own home and also allows you the freedom to eat as you wish and a lot more cost effectively then having to eat out at expensive restaurants or resort to takeouts.
Another factor as to why a rising number of vacationers and tourists opt for the self catering apartments as compared to hotel rooms is generally you have more space offered as given the same amount of money, you will surely get a lot more space to linger around in these types of apartments as compared to even very large hotel rooms. A vacation should not be spent confined to a small rectangular room, and self catering apartments make sure that you get sufficient space to go on with your routine activities in a more comfortable manner. In fact, many of these apartments are sufficiently large enough so that you can even host a get together with friends should you choose.
The fact that vacation apartments offer you a more amenities and features than the hotel rooms surely makes them more attractive alternatives. Surely you can obtain all the alike perks from any hotel but you will have to definitely pay through your nose for such privileges. On the other hand, with self catering apartments you get an experience which is close to your home-living comfort on a vacation.
Check before you check in:
Now you do not need to take a bath under the shower located in a crowded bathroom which is not larger than a broom closet. Scoping out the appropriate accommodations is sometimes the most difficult factor for planning of any trip. You should do your research and see what the surrounding areas have to offer and also look at the pictures on easily accessible websites and choose carefully as this will make your whole trip a lot more enjoyable!